Supporting healthy development
The start of a new school year often also means new school shoes but you may not have considered getting them fitted with custom or our new semi-custom orthotics. School days often involve long hours of standing and walking, especially if the child is walking to and from school every day and thee are particularly beneficial for children and students playing regular sports and play a part in preventing injury.
At what age should children be fitted for orthotics?
Children under the age of eight rarely need orthotics. Many of the concerns about a child’s feet usually resolve themselves as the child’s muscles develop, and the foot structures become fixed. But orthotics offer a range of benefits for older school children as well as college and university students especially if they regularly experience arch pain, knee pain or back pain.
How orthotics can help
- Posture and Alignment: Orthotics help maintain proper posture and alignment of the feet, which can prevent issues like flat feet and overpronation. This, in turn, reduces the risk of musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain and joint strain.
- Improved Comfort: Orthotics provide additional cushioning and support, reducing discomfort and fatigue, which can boost a child’s focus and overall performance.
- Enhanced Athletic Performance: Active children, engaged in sports or physical activities, benefit from orthotics by optimising biomechanics and reducing the risk of sports-related injuries.
- Preventing Future Foot Issues: Orthotics can help prevent the development of foot deformities in growing children, such as bunions or hammertoes, ensuring that they have a strong foundation for healthy adult feet.
- Long-Term Health: Investing in orthotics during childhood can contribute to better long-term foot health, reducing the likelihood of chronic issues in adulthood.
By providing proper support and alignment, orthotics contribute to the well-being of school children, paving the way for their active and balanced growth.
What we offer
Our custom orthotics appointment begins with an in-depth biomechanical, gait and posture analysis then customised orthotics are hand-made (or for semi-custom orthotics – moulded to each individual foot) to provide perfect support.
Best of all your Foot Factor orthotics are ready to wear at the end of your appointment so you can wear them to school the very next day.
Half term appointments are getting booked up, please book ASAP to avoid disappointment.